Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Nose Book

Last night as I was trying to convince Oaks that bedtime was a good idea, we were reading The Nose Book by Al Perkins. This book is one of his favorites, absolute favorites, only beat by Hop on Pop.
Anyhow, we get I think the second page and there's a moose. Oaks always gets excited about the moose. It can be a drawing, stuffed (as in stuffed animal) or actual stuffed moose (taxidermy). Oaks loves them. He's talking about the moose and the points to the antlers, or what ever they are called. So I tell him that those are antlers and his reply was "yeah hunt moose". He kept saying it and saying it. I was about rolling on the floor in laughter.
I really really didn't want to forget this. Or for that matter how I went to check on Lulu in her crib because she was screaming and found Oaks. Laying next to her in the crib, wearing her sweat pants. But, because I have a tall son, they were shorts on backwards.

I love my kids, even on rough days they always make me smile.

Sorry no pictures today.

No comments:

Post a Comment