Friday, February 22, 2013

My testimony for a friend

I know the church is true. It's Strange to think back, 7 years, I was so young and didn't have an idea about life yet. Yet by the grace and love of heavenly father I was able to meet a young man that changed my life forever. I already knew that I was a child of God and I already had started that relationship, but I had no idea what would be in store for me by joining the church. Over the years I have had trials and horrible experiences that I probably could have skipped right over if I had not joined the church. However, I would have done the largest disservice to myself that I could have. In the last year I have had the chance to hold a calling or two that have challenged me, but they all seem small compared to what is the larger calling in my life which is to endure to the end. I am a stubborn child, my parents can attest to that, but I feel blessed that Heavenly Father saw a chance to inspire a young man to befriend me. My life would be completely different without the gospel as well as you. Heavenly Father answered my prayers when I met that young man and was invited to join the church.

Every year I remember different parts and build a testimony of something else. Prayer is just about the only thing that had gotten me through life recently on all levels.

My friend, I want you to know that Heavenly Father LOVES you and you are his child. He is always there and always looking for your best interest. He knows exactly what you need and desires to help you always. I believe that as his children we are always on his mind, even if he's working on something else.

I know that Thomas S Monson is the prophet and that he was put here to help guide us home to Heavenly Father. I know that the temple and the covenants made there are te only way to reach our potential as children of God. I know that sometimes God uses "sandpaper" to make us smooth. And I know that the church is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment